I am a creative visionary who loves to listen, think, design and live outside of the box.
My journey begins with leaving my corporate gig and going on an epic sabbatical studying yoga teacher training in Bali, exploring Japan on bicycle, living on a sailboat, falling in love, and founding a design network that specializes in connecting directly with CEO's and their leadership teams on how to design and pioneer new kinds of branded environments.
* Pronouced as "Ko-Core-Oh." I love these Japanese words that stand for unifying heart, spirit, and mind.
Bart Chin - Founder and Creative Director
Special Innovation Projects | Human Centered Design | Awesomeness
Highly fluent in the language of design and building branded environments on-time and on-budget. I am fascinated with the interface between architecture, products and executing the best customer experience for guests and educators.
Inspirations : Positivity, simplicity, surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, nature, yoga, wanderlust, family, community, connection and helping others find continual improvement in the joy of work and life.
- AIRBNB - Branded E
- MINTED - Hired by CEO Mariam Nacify to be Minted's retail expert to advise, design and build their first pop up 4.5K sq foot store in San Francisco retail lab which fast evolved into their flagship test store. 2016
- TRUE & CO - Hired to work one-on-one with Michelle Lam, CEO, to pioneer True's retail customer lingerie experience that culminated in conceiving and executing a new nomadic retail program for TRUE & Co's "Try On Truck" and "Try On Tent" mobile showrooms. 2015 - 16. Check out
- CATALYST - Consultant Branded Environments Art Director. Created the design for Catalyst's first trade show program. Designs debuted at OR and CES. 2015 - 16
LULULEMON - Moved from SF to British Columbia to create Lululemon's first new store design in 10 years. By leading internal workshops we learned and provided the vision and guiding principles that improved on their monumental success and helped significantly take their well known educator + guest experience to the next level. Within 9 months we gave birth to 2 Test Pilot Store Labs and then a global roll out template that was unique as being customizable to local community and culture. 2011 - 14
ATHLETA - Art directed the fixture and visual merchandising program, display props and mannequin design that envisioned and contributed to Athleta's first brick and mortar Test Lab Store in 6 months, and following Premier Flagship in San Francisco’s Fillmore district. In 2011 our successful design template was approved for mass 75 new store roll out. 2009 - 11
OLD NAVY - As Old Navy's fixture guru, concepted and delivered new store fixture initiatives, roll outs, and RFP's to continuously re-invent and improve Old Navy's aging fleet. While at Old Navy was also selected to lead new retail innovation for Gap Inc brands : Athleta, Piperlime and Gap Generation (Gap Outlet for Asia). 2005 - 11
SPY OPTIC - As Art Director founded a design department that progressed Spy’s quirky brand DNA by infusing a more holistic design ethos and consistent identity system that was integrated into everything from the sunglass and goggle catalogs, product and lifestyle photography, advertising for surf, skate, snow, ski, motocross teams ... website, packaging, in store point of purchase, vehicles, fixtures, trade shows and headquarter’s campus design. 2002-04
GAP - Brought on board to inspire and take on Gap Kid's first redesign in 30 years. Presented directly to CEO Mickey Drexler. Designed and built a multi-million dollar offsite test mock up store design that was approved in 6 months for full global new store design roll out. 1999-2001
BURTON SNOWBOARDS - As Associate Art Director, founded and lead Jager Di Paolo Kemp's first Branded Environments Team. Clients included, Burton Snowboards, Rock Shox, Eastpak, Petzl, Champion Paper, New Era Cap Company, Osram/Sylvania, Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory. 1996-99
Art Center College of Design - Product and Graphic Design. Attended 1991-04
• One-on-One Workshops with CEO's and their teams.
• Creative Vision, Guiding Principles, Design and Build Timeline Road Maps.
• Expert knowledge with helping clients pre-visualize and improve their environments with retail science and kickass product presentation storytelling.
• A-Team-builder who empowers prototype and fixture vendors, interior and visual merchandising designers, 3D renderers, architects, and general contractors to do their best.
• Executing rapid brand reinvention with proven track record of high ROI.
“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.”
- Jonathan Swift
“Design should not dominate things, should not dominate people. It should help people. That's its role.”
- Dieter Rams
"Laugh. People visiting the studio often comment on how much we laugh. Since I’ve become aware of this, I use it as a barometer of how comfortably we are expressing ourselves."
- Bruce Mao
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." - Unknown Buddha
"Be humble, be simple, and bring joy to others."
- Saint Madeleine-Sophie Barat
- Coming soon in Jan 2017, www.airbnb.com/