Kokoro Design Lab is a heroic design collaborative.
We aspire to align with leadership teams that value forward thinking vision to ensure their companies continued high growth and successful future for the next 3-5 years.
Our goal is to create branded environments and experiences that are holistically designed, functional, smart, healthy, aspirational, memorable and fun places to collaborate, create, and kickass.
We believe there is opportunity in the fact that all things must change. By fostering a keen aptitude for listening, observing, and learning we manifest future design innovation.
Kokoro Design Lab provides entry, medium and or high level of design solutions according to your needs, timing and budgets. Exploring new territory and thinking outside the box is just one of the things we like to do best.
- "ko-CORE-oh" means "heart, spirit, and mind" in Japanese.
Light, Fast and Focused
- As brand coaches we facilitate and create
Guiding principle handbooks.
Road maps with goals, timelines and deliverables.
Envisioning presentations, sketch renderings and scaled models.
Design drawing development.
Speed to market.
Branded Environments and Ethos, Industrial and Graphic Design, Visual Curation, and Brand Protector.
Bart Chin, Creative Visionary and Design Guru
Inspiration, empathy, design, innovation, catalyst, simplicity, surfing, nature, yoga, exploration, family, community, connection and continual improvement in helping others in the journey of work and life, these are a just a few of my favorite parts of being alive on planet Earth here and now.
Helping brands successfully grow for the last 20 years with ...
- LULULEMON (Selected by the Founder Chip Wilson to co-create Store of the Future Innovation Test Labs, which led to Flagship Stores and a new customizable global store roll out template. This initiative modernized and enhanced Lululemon's product presentation, sophistication and functional excellence. While also ensuring every design detail supported their educators personal connection with local culture and community.
- ATHLETA (Invited to join an A-Team with the role of pioneering an R&D LAB that envisioned Athleta's first brick and mortar Test Pilot Store, Fillmore St. SF Flagship Store and mass new store scale-able roll out template)
- OLD NAVY (Created New Store Concept Design initiatives to reinvent Old Navy to be more progressive and smarter in modularity and rollout adaptability.. Co-created and was awarded Project ONE, "Old Navy Evolution" which culminated in a mass new global store design template.)
- SPY OPTIC (Art Director brought into create and establish a holistic brand cohesiveness and evolve consistency with all 2 and 3-dimensional design expression. Legacy, established and inspired a kickass internal Design Department).
- GAP (Invited to inspire and take on Gap's Kid's first redesign in 30 years. Presented directly to CEO Mickey Drexler. Design and built an offsite new test store design that was approved in 6 months for full global new store roll out.
- BURTON SNOWBOARDS (Founded and lead Jager Di Paolo Kemp's (JDK's) first Branded Environments Team. Clients included, Rock Shox, Eastpak, Petzl, Champion Paper, New Era Cap Company, Osram/Sylvania, Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory.
- FITCH INC. (Branded Environments Liason)
Clients : Nickelodeon, Mister Donut, Blockbuster Video, Einstein’s Bagels, Caribou Coffee.
ARNELL GROUP (3D Designer) For high end fashion boutiques, product design, packaging and jewelry. Clients : Donna Karen, DKNY, Emmanual Ungaro, Andrew Fezza, Krups Nescafe, Rayban Sunglasses.
- Art Center College of Design - Product and Graphic Design.
“A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist and evolutionary strategist.”
- R. Buckminister Fuller
“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.”
- Jonathan Swift
“Design should not dominate things, should not dominate people. It should help people. That's its role.”
- Dieter Rams
"Laugh. People visiting the studio often comment on how much we laugh. Since I’ve become aware of this, I use it as a barometer of how comfortably we are expressing ourselves."
- Bruce Mao
“Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.”
- Brian Tracy
"Be humble, be simple, and bring joy to others."
- Saint Madeleine-Sophie Barat
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
- Dali Lama
A-Team Alliance with ...